Working at Rickshaw Travel
Any job openings we have will turn up here, on this very page. If you don’t see anything, don’t worry, we’re always happy to hear from people who are passionate about working for us and doing things “the Rickshaw way“. Feel free to drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a short paragraph about why you’d like to work for us and what you’re looking for; another short paragraph on how you feel your experience, knowledge and/or outlook could make an impact at Rickshaw; and, well, a CV (or similar) is handy too!
Life at Rickshaw
Working at Rickshaw Travel is not your typical job. Oh no. We’re all about making the world a more meaningful place by living and breathing our values. We’re transparent and open, friendly and informal. We value each individual and you’ll be encouraged to challenge yourself and do things differently whilst working alongside a team of like-minded travellers who care about supporting each other. Oh yeah, and you’ll end up in the pub. A lot.
We are hiring a (P-T) Financial Controller!
Despite the impact of the pandemic we are looking forwards and looking for an experienced Financial Controller (part-time), to undertake all aspects of financial management, from payments to financial reporting, regulatory and, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
This is initially a part-time position based on 3 or 4 days per week, with flexible working options to suit your needs, however, we would require at least 1 day in the Brighton office.
- Prepare timely monthly management accounts including variance analysis, commentary and develop cashflow forecasts
- Manage all accounting operations including A/R, A/P, GL posting, revenue recognition and balance sheet management
- Manage foreign currency contracts, supplier payments and fx analysis
- Coordinate the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts
- Coordinate the preparation of tax, regulatory and compliance reporting, including VAT returns and CAA/ABTA requirements
- Compile monthly payroll information, process through payroll system and deal with queries
- Support month-end and year-end close process, including liaison and support with our auditors
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Critically appraise and improve business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls and find efficiency and value
- Support Directors/Owners with financial modelling and business strategy
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience, preferably from within the travel and tourism sector
- Accountancy qualification desirable but not a pre–requisite based on experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with month-end and consolidation processes
- Experience with Sage software
- Strong analytical and numerical skills including the ability to tell the story behind the numbers and make complex data simple
- Strong communication skills including an ability to work alongside senior management and non-finance staff
- Strong technical capabilities with a highly analytical mindset and a natural inclination to take ownership of projects, processes and workflow.
- You are a problem solver, and you like a challenge! Well, you wouldn’t want a dull job would you?
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible working options
- Healthcare scheme and travel perks
- And last but least the opportunity to make a difference. To join a small team that care about what they do.
To apply; please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com explaining who you are and why you think you are the best person for this role. Applications closing 31st January 2021.
Yep, we’re all about equal opportunities. It doesn’t matter what you look like, where you come from, who you’re in (or not in) a relationship with, or much else about your personal life for that matter. What really matters to us is whether you embody our values in everything you do, whether you have the drive and passion to make an impact, and whether you’re proactive enough to take responsibility for your own development. That’s the Rickshaw way!