Self Drive Terms and Conditions
Get behind the wheel and take to the road in Nicaragua. Here we have compiled all the information you’ll need for hiring a car during your trip, what’s included and what’s not.
- Unlimited mileage
- CDW (collision damage waiver), this refers to the material damage to your own car. The cover for this is 100%
- LDW (loss damage waiver), in case of theft of the car. The cover for this is 100%
- SLC (liability to third parties), the material damage to third parties is covered 100%, other damage is up to U.S. $ 5000
- PAI (insurance of passengers), coverage up to U.S. $ 5000.
- Any drop-off or pick-up costs
- Credit card fees
- US$800 Refundable Deposit
- Added extras such as GPS, child seats, etc.
Please bear in mind
- The lead driver must have a valid Credit Card (not debit card). The deposit amount for the car will be blocked on your credit card for the duration.
- An international driver’s license is required when hiring a car in Nicaragua, as well as your passport, both of which you must have with you at all times when you’re driving.
- The minimum age for Car Hire in Nicaragua is 21
- In the event of an accident, you’re required by law to notify both the police and the rental office
- Your insurance is invalid if driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs