Far away isn't far away (updated 15 October 2021)
When and where can we travel?
The Government have scrapped the traffic-light system and the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office have removed their advisories against travel. Together, with the Government’s announcement that cheaper antigen tests will replace expensive PCR tests upon return to the UK, we are back in business….and taking new bookings for travel the winter and into 2022.
We are monitoring which of our destinations are open as the list is evolving, but we are pleased to say we have taken bookings this month for Canada, Costa Rica, Mexico and Sri Lanka. In November, Thailand (1st), USA (8th Nov) and Cuba (15th Nov) have announced their re-opening.
We have also started our first foray into Europe with the exciting launch of Iceland and Lapland.
We will determine whether we will be able to operate our holidays safely and to the standard we all expect, so please do get in touch and we will try and make everything as simple as is possible to help you on your way to making an informed decision for your future travels.
Book with flexibility, travel with confidence
Covid-19 has affected the world more than we could have ever expected. The outbreak continues to have an overwhelming impact on the travel industry, and the world at large. We must now change and adapt to overcome the new challenges and possibilities that exist.
The situation has been difficult, but our experienced team has worked together to ensure that we can continue doing what we love most; sending our customers on adventures that will create memories to last a lifetime. Making good things happen through travel.
Behind the scenes, we’re looking forward, we’re making changes and we’re putting extra steps in place to minimise risks. That is why we have changed our booking conditions to reflect these ever-changing times;
- Book your accommodation, activities, excursions and transport with just a 10% deposit (previously this was 20%).
- Most international flights and some activities require additional pre-payments which will be discussed at the time of your booking.
- Your final holiday balance will be due 30 days before you travel (changed from 3 months).
- We will not charge you any fees to postpone the value of your booking to another date, change the destination or cancel completely up to 30 days before you travel subject to availability and any non-refundable fees.*
Should you need to change or cancel your holiday within 30 days of travel due to changes in FCDO advice and/or restrictions imposed by your chosen destination from this pandemic then we will apply the latest guidance as per our ABTA and ATOL protection and offer postponements or full refunds where applicable. All other changes inside this time will be subject to cancellation or change fees however we aim to minimise the impact and only pass on the absolute minimum fees that we may incur.
*The details can be found in our revised Booking Conditions.
We have a good track record
To back all of this up, we have treated our customers as you would expect to be treated; with humility, kindness and empathy. We are all in this together and since March 2020;
- We have refunded in full, all 2020 holidays, and those so far in 2021 that our customers wished to cancel due to the pandemic as they were not able to travel.
- We have postponed, and continue to postpone 70% of all bookings onto future dates giving Rickshaw, our customers and our local partners hope for the future.
- We utilised the ABTA refund credit note scheme and abided by the EU Package Travel Regulations, honouring our commitment to play fair, play by the rules and do the right thing by our customers.
Thank you to our loyal customers
We won’t sugar coat it; it’s been a challenging time. But we’d like to thank all of our customers for their continued support and understanding. You really are the reason we love what we do here at Rickshaw and your continued kind words during the pandemic have given us so much strength and motivation.
We recently sent out a survey to some of our customers and friends in the travel community. The response and feedback we received has been positively overwhelming, and our managing director, Lloyd wanted to share a few words:
“Firstly, I want to say from the bottom of my heart – thank you. The outbreak of Covid-19 and worldwide lockdown has been extremely scary but one thing for sure, it has created an enormous sense of community, support and love. Here at Rickshaw, we are a small but mighty team and working together day in day out we’ve quickly become a family. But our family extends further than the office or our homes, our family is each and every one of our customers who have stood by us and offered words of kindness and support. We’ve made it through this together and we can’t wait to begin sending you all on trips of a lifetime again.”
– Lloyd Kane, Managing Director
Our travel specialists are here to answer any questions
We know you might have questions about travel in a post-Covid world, our travel specialists are ready to help. Please don’t hesitate to contact us today and let’s get you looking forward to travelling once again.
For more information, have a look at these links
Updates on Covid-19:
World Health Organization (WHO) — https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
The latest Government travel advice:
Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office — https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice