- Unlimited mileage
- Collision Damage and Theft Protection insurance ($1,000-$2,500 US deductible)
- Third party liability insurance up to $30,000 US
- Insurance against damage to the windscreen and tires (except for rims)
- 24 hour emergency contact
- Replacement car in case of a breakdown
- Delivery tax
- Personal accident insurance – can be bought locally
- Increasing the liability insurance for personal & property damage to more than $300,000 US – can be bought locally
- Additional driver (for married couples the additional driver is automatically included)
- One way fees
- Navigation system
Some things to keep in mind
- The lead driver must have a valid Credit Card (not debit card). The deposit amount is approx. 30% of the car rental cost.
- Although you will receive a route description from our local partner, we recommend purchasing a road map in the UK in advance as these are hard to find in Panama.
- An international driver’s license is required when hiring a car in Panama, as well as your passport, both of which you must have with you at all times when you’re driving.
- You’re not allowed to cross Panama’s borders without the consent of the car hire company in advance.
- The minimum age for Panama car hire is 23.
- In the event of an accident you’re required by law to notify both the police and the rental office.
- The insurance is void if you are found to be driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- The car will be handed over with a full tank of petrol, and you must hand the car back at the end of the rental period with a full tank. Should you fail to do so you will be charged per missing litre at a much higher rate.
- Should the hire car be returned in an extremely dirty condition, cleaning charges may apply.
- Please note these conditions may change without previous notice until the moment of pick up.