We support local projects across each of our destinations. In Myanmar, we work with HEAL Kids, an organisation set up in 2008 by Duncan Mundell and his wife Alicia who visited Myanmar on holiday. After walking through the streets of Yangon, they got talking to some street kids who passionately wanted to go to school. Duncan returned a month later to set up a programme to educate and support these children. The Foundation now runs a centre for disabled children, has funded over 100 life-saving operations, built 26 schools, opened clinics, installed wells, supports orphanages and runs feeding programs.
How do we support HEAL Kids?
- We’re really passionate about giving something back to the destinations and communities that we work with. That’s why £5 of the value of every Myanmar booking will always be contributed to our local project; HEAL Kids. Of course, if you’d like to donate more, that’s no problem! Just let us know.
- Oh, and we also do a little fundraising ourselves throughout the year, too! You can read more about this on our blog.
Where does my money go?
100% of your donation will go directly towards:
- Caring for disabled children
- Providing funding for surgical operations
- Building and running schools throughout Myanmar
- Supporting orphanages