Who we are (in a nutshell)
We’re a passionate bunch here at Rickshaw, and we love nothing more than creating Meaningful experiences for both our customers and our staff (oh and tea. We love a good cuppa). Whether it’s a spot of laughing yoga to start our day, or arranging a curry-making class at a homestay in one of our far-flung destinations- we’re all about putting people first. We even won Employer of the Year at the Brighton & Hove Independent Business Awards.
What's the job? (In a nutshell)
As a full time Travel Sales Specialist you’ll be the first port of call for our Rickshaw Ramblers. Your job is all about inspiring, supporting and creating a connection in order to give our Ramblers an enriching experience that will stay with them. You’ll chat to them about what they want to get out of their trip and come up with exciting yet realistic solutions. Unlike many sales roles you’ll be responsible for managing the whole customer journey, from the minute they first get in touch to the moment they get home. Every step of the way you’ll build trust through open and honest communication, by showing integrity and of course, your awesome sense of humour.
You’ll take an entrepreneurial approach to managing your destination, using your initiative to find solutions and contribute towards a positive team dynamic, because, yeah, we love building an awesome team. Because we’re a company who like to muck in and do things together you’ll also work alongside the Product and Marketing teams to develop the destination, share your insights on competition, product appeal and client feedback, whilst having the opportunity to contribute directly on website content and development of your product. Not your average Sales role, eh?
Who you are (in a nutshell)
- You’ve got a can-do attitude. In fact, “can’t” is pretty much a swear word in your book.
- You’re a creative soul and you’re not afraid to show off your flair.
- You’ve got bags of enthusiasm. Even on a Monday.
- You’re full of energy. Like a good strong cuppa.
- You’ve got at least 1 years’ experience in the travel industry.
- You can’t wait to tell the whole world about your love for South East Asia and South America.
- In fact, you bang on about travel to your mates all the time.
- You’ve got a proven track record of being a terrific sales whiz. Go you!
- You’re a dab-hand at dealing with customers & giving them the best service possible.
- You’re eye for detail is second to none (which is why that last mistake really bothered you).
- You’ve got excellent written and verbal communication skills. And that.
- You’re so good at multi-tasking, you’ve probably whipped up a quick Victoria Sponge in the time it’s taken you to read this job ad.
- In your friendship group, you’re known as ‘The Organised One.’
- You? Late? Never! Time-management is your middle name.
What's in it for you? (In a nutshell)
Oh, you mean besides being a part of a super awesome team of Meaningful Travel lovers? Well, on top of that you’ll have the opportunity to thrive in an exciting, challenging & varied sales role, with the chance to step outside of your role and boost your learning and personal development. Salary is dependent on experience (£19,000 – £22,000) and, unlike most travel companies, we offer a fixed salary rather than a commission-focused structure. There is also a shared bonus scheme. Oh and there’s the chance to test our Meaningful Travel experiences first-hand. And did we mention our beloved beer o’clock every Friday? Come to think of it, there’s usually a decent supply of baked birthday treats on the go. We also offer a ride2work programme, a company pension system, free daily lunches, a charity day of your choice, plus discount for local fitness centres and holistic therapies. Phew. Not bad, eh?
So that’s it (in a nutshell). Still want to join our gang?
How to apply (in a nutshell)
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply for this position then all you need to do is send:
- a covering letter
- your CV
- 200 words describing your travel/holiday experiences relevant to this role
Send it to email@example.com. Feel free to send us anything else that you like that you think we might like – photos, blog posts, articles, Slideshares etc. Be creative and dare to be different!
Closing date: 28th February 2017
Right. Better clean up all these nutshells.