Who are we?
We’re a friendly Brighton based travel company whose goal is to change the face of travel – dream big right? If you’ve done your homework you’ll already know that we specialise in Meaningful Travel and want our customers, staff and every destination we offer to benefit from making our traveller’s dream holidays come true.
What’s the role?
As a Travel Sales Specialist, you’ll be the point of contact for the entire customer journey, from building their perfect trip based on their travel wishlist, to liaising with the local partners, to keeping in touch with the customer from the time they book to their return – and all the back office admin in between!
We believe in putting the customer at the heart of everything we do. You’ll be able to identify the customers wants and needs to come up with exciting and realistic solutions for their journey. You’ll also be accountable for delivering your personal and company targets. You’ll be able to think commercially and proactively seek opportunities to create improvements to the customer experience.
You will also take ownership of managing their own destination and personal performance, using your initiative to find solutions and contribute towards a positive team dynamic. You’ll also work alongside the rest of the team to develop the destination, share your insights on competition and client feedback, whilst having the opportunity to contribute directly to website content.
To continue to grow in a challenging and competitive climate we are looking for just the right person to add to our already successful sales team
What are we looking for?
- 2 years sales or customer service experience – you love talking to customers and building relationships, you offer nothing but the best customer service.
- You’ve worked in a busy office environment, competent PC skills and ability to manage multiple software applications simultaneously
- Successfully worked to targets and driven to succeed
- Extensive worldwide geographical knowledge along with your own experience of at least 2 of our destinations
- Quick to learn, pro-active and self-motivated, you need to have excellent time management and organisational skills
- A good standard of education, preferably to degree level, you’ll need impeccable writing and communication skills, the ability to multi-task and a close attention to detail.
- You enjoy working hard as part of a supportive, fun team. Comfortable with receiving their feedback and giving your own.
What’s in it for you? (a perk or two)
You’ll have the opportunity to train and thrive in an exciting and challenging industry
The chance to experience our Meaningful Trips first-hand with your own personal annual travel allowance.
A competitive starting salary and a shared bonus scheme.
Company pension & healthcare scheme
Charity day of your choice.
We also offer a ride2work programme, free lunches and beer o’clock Fridays
Still want to be our new Rickshawian?
How to apply; you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply for this position then all you need to do is send:
- 1-2 sentences on why you would like to work for Rickshaw Travel
- 200 words describing your last travel/holiday experience to a destination that Rickshaw offers
- Your CV (no cover letter needed)
Send it to email@example.com
Feel free to send us anything else that you like that you think we might like – photos, blog posts, articles, slideshares etc. Be as creative as you like!
Competitive salary, dependent on experience.