Who we are
We’re a passionate bunch here at Rickshaw, and we love nothing more than creating Meaningful experiences for both our customers and our team (oh and tea. We love a good cuppa). Whether it’s a spot of laughter yoga to start our day, or arranging a curry-making class at a homestay in one of our far-flung destinations – we’re all about enriching experiences that have a positive impact on people and planet. We even won Employer of the Year at the Brighton & Hove Independent Business Awards. Oh yeah!
What's the job?
As a Sales Team Leader your role is all about supporting, inspiring, encouraging and growing your team as well as role modelling your own sales skills and awesome service to our lovely customers (or Rickshaw Ramblers as we like to call them). It’s a busy sales environment and you’ll need to lead your team with genuine enthusiasm and a positive attitude to meet both company and personal goals. Every step of the way you’ll build trust through transparent, open and honest communication, showing integrity, dependability and of course, your awesome sense of humour.
You’ll take the lead selling one of your countries in your team and work together with the product and marketing teams to grow the destination, share your insights and experience on competition and product appeal. Everything we do here at Rickshaw is about team work, respect and collaboration but that doesn’t mean you have to agree with everything! We want to be challenged and questioned as well as inspired. This isn’t your usual team leader role so you’ll need to be flexible and open minded. We want you to make your own unique contribution by being truly involved.
Who are you?
- You’re an experienced Team Leader ready to do your job in a different way.
- You love growing your team, can recognise potential and know how to empower them.
- You can create a positive and supportive sales environment where you create a real connection with our customers and the sales team by treating them as unique individuals.
- For you, acknowledging achievements and promoting personal successes, no matter how small, is the best bit of the job – we’ve got a pretty impressive sales bunch so you’ll be busy!
- You’re comfortable talking openly and honestly, even if the topic is a tricky one.
- You’re a whizz with numbers, whether its analysing statistics or setting targets.
- You’ve got a proven track record in travel sales and still love selling, the role is 50% sales after all.
- You’ve got the ability to work under pressure and keep your positive attitude even when the going gets tough.
- You’re able to spot opportunities for improvement and make it happen.
- You love delivering results.
- You love training, coaching and creating space for your team to help them reach their potential by setting meaningful and motivating goals.
- Empathy is as important to you as role modelling your skills.
- So is transparency, honesty and integrity.
- You’re eye for detail is second to none (which is why that last mistake really bothered you).
- You’ve got excellent written and verbal communication skills and can adapt to your audience and situation, whether you’re writing up a 1-2-1 or dealing with a disappointed customer.
- You support the goals of the company and are brave enough to speak up if you don’t.
- You share our values – it’s what makes us, well, us!
What's in it for you?
Oh, you mean besides being a part of a super awesome team of Meaningful Travel lovers? Well, on top of that you’ll have the opportunity to thrive in an exciting, challenging and varied sales role, with the chance to step outside your role and learn and grow. Salary is dependent on experience (£25,000 – £28,000) and, unlike most travel companies, we offer a fixed salary rather than a commission-focused structure. There’s also a shared bonus scheme.
Oh and there’s the chance to test our Meaningful Travel experiences first-hand. And did we mention our beloved beer o’clock every Friday? Come to think of it, there’s usually a decent supply of baked birthday treats on the go. We also offer a ride2work programme, free daily lunches, a charity day of your choice, plus discount for local fitness centres and holistic therapies. Phew. Not bad, eh?
So that’s it (in a nutshell). Still want to join our gang?
How to apply...
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply for this position then please send:
- your CV
- covering letter
- 200 words describing your travel/holiday experiences relevant to this role
- 100 words describing the best leader you’ve ever had (tell us why, not the physical attributes!)
to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to send us anything else that you like that you think we might like too – photos, blog posts, articles, Slideshares etc. Be creative and dare to be different
Closing date: 28th February 2017 … Good luck!!