Are you our next Finance Assistant?
Are you an ambitious and enthusiastic person who wants to develop their accountancy career and loves travel? If so, then read on!
This is a diverse role covering many aspects of finance from Purchase Ledger to Payroll. We are looking for someone with a keen eye for detail, great communication skills and ability to work on their own initiative to facilitate the smooth running of the Finance Department.
Think you might be the one? Then get in touch!
Who are we?
We’re a friendly Brighton-based travel company whose goal it is to change the face of travel. If you’ve done your homework you’ll already know that we specialise in Meaningful Travel and want our customers, staff and every destination we offer to benefit from making our travellers’ dream holidays come true.
What’s the role?
Working from our office in Brighton, your responsibilities will include:
- Process and pay sterling and foreign payments to suppliers;
- Maintain receipts records and reconciling to merchant account;
- Importing new customer accounts, invoices, receipts and refunds onto the accounting system;
- Post supplier invoices expense claims and purchase orders onto the accounting system, including the complex foreign transactions;
- Complete the monthly bank reconciliation;
- Lead on the monthly variance analysis;
- Undertake regular debtor and creditor reviews;
- Compile the monthly payroll information, process through the Sage Payroll or similar software;
- Manage the administration of the payroll system (eg starters, maternity) and deal with any payroll queries;
- Manage the Staff Travel Fund and work with the Sales Team to ensure Travel Plans are correctly monitored, subsidised and invoiced;
- Responsible for issuing and reconciling petty cash;
- Manage the Staff Entertainment budget;
- Review and develop efficiencies in existing processes;
- Support the Financial Controller in the year end audit.
Do you fit the bill?
Here are the skills and level of experience we need:
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- High degree of accuracy, highly numerate and data literate
- The ability to take charge of and manage the bookkeeping workload
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Flexible, with a willingness to support ad hoc projects as well as routine work
Your experience and knowledge
- Relevant experience working in a finance role or department
- A-Levels or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Experience working with accounting software
- Experience in Payroll
- Knowledge of the travel market, broad personal travel experience and passion for travel
What’s in it for you? (a perk or two)
You’ll have the opportunity to thrive in an exciting and challenging role, with the chance to step outside of your role to boost your learning and personal development working in an awesome team. You’ll have the chance to experience our meaningful trips first-hand with your own personal annual travel allowance. We offer free daily vegetarian lunches, there’s usually a decent supply of baked birthday treats on the go, plus our beloved beer o’clock every Friday. We also offer a ride2work programme, a company pension & healthcare scheme and a charity day of your choice. Not bad, eh?
Still want to be our new Rickshawian?
How to apply:
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply for this position, please send us the following to email@example.com before the 30th October 2019.
- A covering letter which outlines why you would like to work for Rickshaw Travel, why you think you have the right skills and experience and why you want a career in Finance;
- 200 words describing something that you’re passionate about – it can be anything!
- Your CV
Salary: £19-24k (full time)
No agencies please