Who Are We?
We’re a friendly Brighton based travel company whose goal it is to change the face of travel – dream big right? If you’ve done your homework you’ll already know that we specialise in Meaningful Travel and want our customers, staff and every destination we offer to benefit from making our traveller’s dream holidays come true.
What’s the Role?
As a Travel Sales Specialist you’ll be the point of contact for the entire customer journey, from building their perfect trip based on their travel wish list, to liaising with the local partners, to keeping in touch with the customer from the time they book to their return – and all the back office admin in between! You’ll consistently create positive experiences for our customers from tailor-making their trip of a lifetime, to supporting them until they depart in order to build brand loyalty to Rickshaw Travel.
We believe in putting the customer at the heart of everything we do. You’ll be able to identify the customers wants and needs to come up with exciting and realistic solutions for their trip of a lifetime. You’ll also be accountable for delivering your personal and company targets. You’ll be able to think commercially and proactively seek opportunities to create improvements to continually improve the customer experience within your destinations.
Our Travel Sales Specialists take ownership of managing their own destination and personal performance, using your initiative to find solutions and contribute towards a positive team dynamic. You’ll also work alongside the rest of the team to develop the destination, share your insights on competition and client feedback, whilst having the opportunity to contribute directly on website content. Plus, have your say in helping to grow and develop the business. Not your average Sales role, eh?
Do you fit the bill?
Here are the Must Have Skills!
- 1 Year experience in a travel sales role using a GDS
- You’ve travelled to 3 or more of our Destinations (please let us know where you’ve been!)
- Proven Ability to Exceed Sales Targets
- Ability to adapt to different customer types and clearly identify and match their needs
- Quick Learner, great Time Management & Self Motivated yet works well within a team – basically, you’re a jack of all trades!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A genuine understanding of excellent customer service and strive to always exceed expectations
- Demonstrates resilience in a sales environment and an enthusiastic approach every day (even if you’re a bit hungover)
What’s in it for you? (A Perk or Two)
You’ll have the opportunity to thrive in an exciting and challenging sales role, with the chance to step outside of your role to boost your learning and personal development working in an awesome team. You’ll have the chance to experience our Meaningful Trips first-hand with your own personal annual travel allowance. Come to think of it, there’s usually a decent supply of baked birthday treats on the go, plus our beloved beer o’clock every Friday? Not to mention a decent starting salary and a shared bonus scheme. We also offer a ride2work programme, a company pension & healthcare scheme, free daily lunches and a charity day of your choice. Phew. Not bad, eh?
Still want to be our new Rickshawian?
How to apply; you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply for this position then all you need to do is send:
- 1- 2 sentences on why you would like to work for Rickshaw Travel
- 200 words describing your last travel/holiday experience to a destination that Rickshaw offers
- Your C.V (no cover letter needed)
Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to send us anything else that you like that you think we might like – photos, blog posts, articles, Slideshares etc. Be as creative as you like!
Competitive salary; dependent on experience.