Who are you?
What’s your new team looking for? Well, we asked them;
- A target-driven sales whizz
- Can make a good brew!
Who are we?
We’re a friendly Brighton based travel company whose goal it is to change the face of travel – dream big right? If you’ve done your home-work you’ll already know that we specialise in Meaningful Travel and want our customers, staff and every destination we offer to benefit from making our customers dream holidays come true.
What’s the Role?
A big part of this new and exciting role will be creating itineraries for the family market, making sure you design a holiday that will not only keep the little ones entertained but also making sure the whole family create some special memories along the way! You will work closely with the family team to continue to grow this specialist sector. Alongside this you will also sell some of our main destinations- we like to mix it up! As a Travel Sales Specialist you’ll be the point of contact for the entire customer journey, from building their perfect trip based on their travel wishlist, to liaising with the local partners, to keeping in touch with the customer from the time they book to their return – and all the back office admin in between!
Our Travel Specialists take ownership of managing their own destination and personal performance, you’ll be accountable for delivering personal and company targets using your initiative to find solutions and contribute towards a positive team dynamic. You’ll also work alongside your fellow team members to develop the destination, share your insights on competition and client feedback, whilst having the opportunity to contribute directly on website content. Not your average Sales role, eh?
Do you fit the bill?
Here are the Must Have Skills!
- 1 Year experience in a travel sales role using a GDS
- Travelled to two continents
- Proven Ability to Exceed Sales Targets (preferably within the family market)
- Quick Learner, great Time Management & Self Motivated yet works well within a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A genuine understanding of excellent customer service and always striving to exceed expectations
- Can match family needs well, but also be adaptable to other markets
- Demonstrates resilience in a sales environment and an enthusiastic approach every day!
What’s in it for you? (A Perk or Two)
You’ll have the opportunity to thrive in an exciting and challenging sales role, with the chance to step outside of your role to boost your learning and personal development working in an awesome team. You’ll have the chance to experience our Meaningful Trips first-hand with your own personal travel allowance. Come to think of it, there’s usually a decent supply of baked birthday treats on the go, plus our beloved beer o’clock every Friday! Not to mention a decent starting salary and a shared bonus scheme. We also offer a ride2work programme, a company pension & healthcare scheme, free daily lunches and a charity day of your choice. Phew. Not bad, eh?
Still want to be our new Rickshawian?
How to apply
You have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply for this position then all you need to do is send:
- 1- 2 sentences on why you would like to work for Rickshaw Travel
- 200 words describing your last travel/holiday experience to a destination that Rickshaw offers
- Your C.V (no cover letter needed)
Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to send us anything else that you like that you think we might like – photos, blog posts, articles, Slideshares etc. Be as creative as you like!
Closing date: Tuesday 30th April