The purpose of this role
- The main focus of this role is to successfully take Rickshaw Travel from a current high performing small business, through to a successful medium sized business.
- The successful person will nurture the current culture and the existing strong values and leave a legacy of entrepreneurial spirit, building an approach into the team on which the company will continue to drive forward.
- There is a 5 year business transformation strategy in place & this role is to significantly shift the dial of the plan for year 1.
- This role is to act as a key facilitator in Change and an Enabler to the business.
- Identifying any barriers within the business and create and implement strategic solutions to resolve and deliver a scalable growth.
- Working across the Rickshaw European Network to align on the implementation of the strategic projects, delivering a relevant UK market approach.
- Applying strong inspirational and motivational leadership and vision to drive key initiatives with a “start up” mentality to ensure the business objectives and teams reach their potential. This may include strategic projects such as:
- Retail Distribution Strategy
- Technology and Digital innovation
- Growing customer lifetime value
- Obtaining a very special B Corp certification
How will you know if your impact is a success?
There will be:
- A tangible change and shift in the progress of identified key projects
- Ownership at an individual level across the business.
- Drive and pace put behind identified projects.
- A behaviour shift across the business that is more entrepreneurial with a startup mentality.
Who you'll be working with
As one of two leaders of Rickshaw Travel UK, you will be working alongside Lloyd a Director and a Managing Partner of Rickshaw. There is a team of Network project leads based in Holland waiting to work with you too. And the leadership team in Holland of Misja, Yoram, Fenny and Marius. (the founder of Riksja Travel in Holland) who cannot wait for you to start. The Rickshaw team in Brighton is made up of 26 individuals all of whom you will be working alongside in some capacity or other, as we are a very inclusive team.
- Confident decision maker, willing to take risks and support new thinking
- Ability to disrupt but equally support people whilst out of their comfort zones
- Entrepreneurial spirit, able to approach opportunities without fear
- Strong willed, with a drive to get things done and a can-do attitude
- Outgoing personality and an open transparent communicator.
- Able to think creatively and build confidence in others to do the same
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels including Internationally
- Hands on experience leading or being part of a leadership team of a small/medium size business through significant growth.
- Proven ability to energise others and drive an empowered and motivated business culture.
- Change Management experience/Business Transformation experience. Ideally from a tech/digital or previous start-up background, in a highly customer and product focused business.
- Proven ability to lead a team, drive new initiatives and champion change.
- Used to solving complex problems, making tough business decisions.
What's in it for you?
This is a highly autonomous role, with a flexible approach to the number of days and hours per week. Based in the Rickshaw office in Brighton. Flexible approach to European travel required. There is an opportunity for the right person to have share ownership in Rickshaw when they successfully deliver these initiatives and both parties feel longevity to the relationship.
How to Apply
If you are keen to take on this role then please send us
- A minimum 200 word response to: I consider myself to have a “start up” mentality because..
- A minimum 200 word response to: The Rickshaw Values would support me in this role by…
- Your CV (no cover letter needed) or link to your LinkedIn profile
- Your salary expectation
Send it to email@example.com.
Feel free to send us anything else that you like that you think we might like – photos, blog posts, articles, Slideshares etc. Be as creative as you like!
There will be several interviews, with the Brighton team, Lloyd and Vicky, the team in Holland and the two majority owners Marius and Haydn. We are a very values-driven business so you must be a cultural fit too.
Closing date: Ooops! You have missed it, but we are still processing applications at the moment so if you are quick then get something over to us pronto. updated 23rd Jan.
If you have looked at this page before, you will notice the deadline has been extended. We have had some great applications, but just thought we would take the opportunity to make the most of the Christmas break to spread our coverage!
We have already begun meeting individuals to keep the momentum of the process going but will not be making any decisions until after the closing date. Thank you.
Rickshaw at Home
We recently won two awards at the Brighton & Hove Independent Business Awards and we couldn't be happier! Read on, we'll tell you all the goss!
9 min readRead More - Rickshaw Travel - Employer of the Year & Overall Business of 2016