Terms & Conditions (the boring bits)
The organiser and promoter
This competition is organised and promoted by Rickshaw Travel (‘The Promoter’). Rickshaw Travel’s address is Unit D-E Level 8 South, New England House, Brighton BN1 4GH, United Kingdom. If you have any questions about this competition please email us on email@example.com
- Rickshaw Travel’s ‘Thailand with a Twist’ competition starts on Friday 21st April 2017 10am (GMT) and closes on Monday 22nd May 2017, 11.59pm (GMT). No entries received by the Promoter before or after these times will be accepted.
- Entrants can only enter the competition through the page: https://www.rickshawtravel.co.uk/competitions/thailand-with-a-twist/
- One entry per person
- Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry
- No purchase necessary
- Entrants must be 18 years and over
- Competition open to UK residents only (excluding Northern Ireland)
- The competition can only be entered by wwww.rickshawtravel.co.uk
- Employees of the promoter (Rickshaw Travel), all other prize partners, its agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion, and their families, are excluded from entering this competition
- The Promoter reserves the right (acting in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant who breaches these terms and conditions or the spirit of the prize draw. In all respects, the Promoter’s decision is final.
The prize draw
- The winner will be selected at random and notified by email by Wednesday 31st May 2017.
- Attempts will be made to notify the winner by the email provided at the time of entry
- If the promoter, having used reasonable efforts, is unable to contact the winner, then the prize is forfeited and further draw(s) will be conducted
- The prize comprises of Rickshaw Travel’s 8-night itinerary ‘Exploring Northern Thailand: Remote Hills & Rescued Elephants’. The prize is based on two persons travelling together with at least one person over the age of 18.
- The prize must be booked by 22nd July 2017.
- The prize must be booked at least 3 months before the departure date
- The prize is available for travel between 6th September 2017 until 22nd February 2018, subject to availability
- The holiday cannot be booked for travel within UK school holidays
- The prize is non-transferable
- The prize(s) cannot be exchanged for another product, destination or cash alternative
- Rickshaw Travel reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of similar value should the specified prize become unavailable for any reason
- Rickshaw Travel reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this prize and without notice in the unlikely event of a major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any similar event or if circumstances arise outside of its control
- What’s included in the prize:
- Transport in the destination, standard accommodation with breakfast, excursions as listed in the itinerary, transport by sleeper train, minibus and 1 domestic flight.
- Accommodation varies throughout the trip and will be confirmed upon the prize being awarded
- What’s not included in the prize:
- International flights are not included in the prize but must be booked with Rickshaw Travel
- UK transfers to and from the airport are not included
- Additional costs and expenses incurred during the trip are not included
- Visa fees, tips, other meals and drinks, other transport and extra excursions are not included in the prize, unless stated.
- Optional activities and travel insurance is not included in the prize. It is a requirement that you take out travel insurance for the relevant period
- Rickshaw Travel nor any other person or party associated with this promotion shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss or damage) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this promotion or with any prizes offered.
- Rickshaw Travel shall be responsible for the administration of the competition and the fulfillment of the Prize.
- If the chosen winner is already in the process of booking a holiday to Thailand with Rickshaw Travel for travel between 6th September 2017 until 22nd February 2018 or makes a booking for a Rickshaw Travel holiday to Thailand between 21st April 2017 – 22nd May 2017 which includes the same itinerary or bite-sized trips the prize cannot be transferred to this booking.
- It is the Winner’s responsibility to redeem their prizes in accordance with any instructions given to them by the Promoter and partners.
- No responsibility can be accepted by Rickshaw Travel for any incomplete or illegible entries or any entries not received or corrupted during transmission, for whatever reason.
- Rickshaw Travel shall have no liability for system failures on the Promoter’s website
- Rickshaw Travel shall have no liability to any persons in relation to this promotion including but not limited to the provision of any Prizes.
- The Promoter cannot be held liable for IT system failures or delays or loss of entries.
- Any personal data submitted by entrants as part of the prize draw shall be used by the Promoter, in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), for the purposes of delivery of the prize draw, including selection of the Winner, handover of the Prize, delivery of the Prize and announcement of the outcome of the prize draw. Provision of the personal data shall be voluntary; however, the entrant’s failure to provide the same shall render impossible the entrant’s participation in the prize draw and handover of the Prizes.
- By entering this competition you are opting in to receive Rickshaw Travel’s regular email newsletter. Your data will be stored and managed by Rickshaw Travel and this will not be shared with any 3rd parties. You can opt out of receiving our newsletters at any time.
- Entrants are invited to read carefully the rules applied by the Promoter to collect and process personal data. You can read our data policy here.
- Pursuant to DPA, entrants are hereby informed that their personal data is stored and processed by Rickshaw Travel according to the methods and for the purposes listed below, in accordance with the methods and purposes allowed by the DPA.
- The data controller is Rickshaw Travel Ltd.
- Entrants’ personal data will be processed by hand or by using electronic means that are such as to ensure, in relation to the purposes for which such data is communicated and collected, data security and confidentiality, as well as to prevent unauthorized access to such data, for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes of its collection.
- Data will be processed at the legal and operational headquarters of Rickshaw Travel Ltd.
- Rickshaw Travel will make sure that all personal data supplied thereto is not disclosed and is processed in such a way as to guarantee its security and confidentiality, as well as to prevent unauthorized access thereto.
- The winner may be required to take part in reasonable publicity as specified by the Promoter, such as social media updates, photographs from their trip and blog content
- The prize draw is governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
- Any entry that contains any content which is defamatory, obscene, illegal, vulgar, offensive, unsuitable or may reflect negatively upon the Promoter will not be considered a valid entry and shall not be entered into the draw or eligible to win a prize and the Promoter may remove any such content.
- In the event a Promoter is not able to contact the Winner and/or if the Winner has not acknowledged receipt of his/her Prizes within 5 days of being first being contacted by the Promoter, the Promoter shall have the right (but not the obligation) to hold a redraw for the Prizes and select another winning entry. In the event of a redraw, the original winner shall not be entitled to any prize or to any payment or compensation whatsoever in lieu of a prize. The Promoter and do not accept any responsibility if the Winner is not able to take up the Prizes for any reason.
- Rickshaw Travel’s decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the prize draw and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Rickshaw Travel reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this prize draw at any time without prior notice.