How do I contribute?
- When filling in your booking form, tick the option to contribute £5 to Amigos de Potosí
- 100% of your donation will go directly to Amigos de Potosí.
- If you’d like to donate more, just get in touch with your Travel Specialist who can give you more information.
Where does my money go?
Amigos de Potosi always have a variety of different projects underway in and around Potosí. One of them is Laja Tambo where they are building a glasshouse to provide the schoolchildren (and local community) with vegetables. They also offer a music project at the elementary school San Ildefonso in the miners’ district of the town. The 176 pupils have music lessons for two hours a week. They learn their traditional music, from an orchestra and find out how they can earn money from being a musician.
Tell me more!
- You can read more about Amigos de Potosi on their website and Facebook page.
- Keep up to date with our charities and meaningful travel efforts on our blog.
- While you’re in Potosi during our Searching through the Silver Mines trip, pop along to Koala Tours opposite Casa de La Moneda. Ask for Wilber or Doyna and if you’re there on the right day, they might be able to show you around some of the projects.
Sophia spent a month in Peru & Bolivia and brought back her top 5 favorite photos to share, of everything from wildlife to the salt flats to her new friend.
5 min readRead More - Sophia’s Top Peru & Bolivia Travel Photographs
It can be hard to escape the tourist track in an unfamiliar place, but not to worry, we've listed tips for seeing the more authentic side of Peru & Bolivia.
4 min readRead More - How to get off the beaten track in Peru & Bolivia