Braille Without Borders
Braille Without Borders is an international development organisation which aims to create training programs and print Braille books for blind and visually impaired people in Tibet and across the world. They also facilitate the set-up of other projects and schools for those with visual impairment. BWB seeks to instil independence, teach workplace skills and help blind and partially sighted students master professional training and embark on a career to create a better future for themselves.
How do we support Braille Without Borders?
- We’re really passionate about giving something back to the destinations and communities that we work with. That’s why £5 of the value of every Tibet booking will always be contributed to our local project; Braille Without Borders. Of course, if you’d like to donate more, that’s no problem! Just let us know.
- Oh, and we also do a little fundraising ourselves throughout the year, too! You can read more about this on our blog.
Where does my money go?
Your donation will go towards:
- The day-to-day running of a preparatory school for blind children
- Vocational skills training
- Supporting a workshop to produce Braille materials
- Self integration project
Tell me more!
Travel Specialist Ceri went to our local project in Tibet to meet the wonderful students and staff at Braille Without Borders & shares her experience here.
3 min readRead More - Braille Without Borders | Our local project in Tibet