Save Elephant Foundation
We like to support a local project in each of our destinations as a way of giving something back. In Thailand, we support Save Elephant Foundation, an organisation dedicated to caring for elephants in Thailand through rescue and rehabilitation, community participation and education on eco-tourism. Although we’re not officially partnered with them, we’ve chosen to support this project’s work and break away from the practice of riding elephants during our trips. Want to find out more? Read about why we chose to stop offering elephant riding, in favour of more ethical elephant experiences.
How do we support Save Elephant Foundation
- We’re really passionate about giving something back to the destinations and communities that we work with. That’s why £5 of the value of every Thailand booking will always be contributed to our local project; Save Elephant Foundation. Of course, if you’d like to donate more, that’s no problem! Just let us know.
- Oh, and we also do a little fundraising ourselves throughout the year, too! You can read more about this on our blog.
Where does my money go?
Your donation will go towards:
- Feeding the elephant herd a healthy diet
- Providing the best veterinary care for their rehabilitation
- Constructing chain-free enclosures so the herd can roam free 24 hours a day
Tell me more!
Gillian took her family on an adventure of a lifetime to Thailand, swimming in the River Kwai, learning about elephants & making lots of friends along the way!
6 min readRead More - Family adventure in Thailand | Gillian Lamb