The Rainbow Centre
In each destination we offer, we support a local project. In Sri Lanka, we support the Rainbow Centre, a daily haven for children who live in extreme poverty in South Western Sri Lanka. The project provides welfare, education, and support to children living in poor conditions. The Rainbow Centre also works to ensure that children can access the mainstream school system and succeed in their studies. It operates a day school, pre-school, nursery and tuition classes. It also runs medical programmes for children and their families.
How do we support the Rainbow Centre?
- We’re really passionate about giving something back to the destinations and communities that we work with. That’s why £5 of the value of every Sri Lanka booking will always be contributed to our local project: The Rainbow Centre. Of course, if you’d like to donate more, that’s no problem. Just let us know.
- Oh, and we also do a little fundraising ourselves throughout the year, too. You can read more about this on our blog.
Where does my money go?
Your donation will go towards:
- Funding supplies for the nursery, pre-school and school
- Maintenance of the school bus which transports the children to and from the school
- Keeping the medical programme going so the children and parents are receiving the care they need
- Upkeep of the school building and the grounds
Tell me more
- You can read more about Rainbow Centre on their website
- Keep up to date with our charities and responsible travel efforts on our blog
- We can arrange for travellers to visit the Rainbow Centre en route from Galle to Colombo. If you’d like to add a visit to your travel plan, just let your travel specialist know.
You might be interested to see…
This year our Product Team Manager, Jennifer visited the Rainbow Centre in Sri Lanka to learn more about the amazing work they do. Find out what inspired her...