Renewable World - Nicaragua
In each of our destinations we support a local project and give you the option to make a small donation when you book your trip with us.The project we have chosen to support in Nicaragua is run by international NGO, Renewable World who support villages situated along the Rio Escondido river. Communities are provided with solar energy systems that give them a clean, safe alternative to burning of harmful chemicals like in their homes providing significant benefits to the health of the families. Solar energy also means children can study in the evenings and small businesses like restaurants can operate, providing an income.
How do we support Renewable World - Nicaragua?
- We’re really passionate about giving something back to the destinations and communities that we work with. That’s why £5 of the value of every Nicaragua booking will always be contributed to our local project; Renewable World. Of course, if you’d like to donate more, that’s no problem! Just let us know.
- Oh, and we also do a little fundraising ourselves throughout the year, too! You can read more about this on our blog.
Where does my money go?
Your donation will go directly towards:
- Distributing solar energy-powered electricity to remote communities to reduce the use of hazardous fuels like diesel and kerosene inside homes.
- Empowering the community to gain income through running local businesses and allowing children to study in the evenings.
- Installing solar-powered water pumps.
Tell me more!
Coffee, cloudforests, cathedrals and volcanoes. There's lots to explore in Nicaragua so check out Alanna's highlights of her recent trip for some inspiration.
5 min readRead More - Land of Volcanoes - Alanna's Nicaragua Highlights