International Porter Protection Group
In Nepal, we support the International Porter Protection Group. They work to improve the wellbeing of mountain porters around the world, but particularly in Nepal. The organisation’s principal project is the Rescue Post and Porter Shelter at 4400m in Machermo Village in the SoluKhumbu (Everest) region of Nepal, and satellite post in Gokyo Village (4750m). The posts aim to offer shelter for mountain porters, provide immediate care to those in need and to improve the education of trekkers and tourists in the avoidance and recognition of altitude sickness and how to look after their porters.
How do we support International Porter Protection Group?
- We’re really passionate about giving something back to the destinations and communities that we work with. That’s why £5 of the value of every Nepal booking will always be contributed to our local project; International Porter Protection Group. Of course, if you’d like to donate more, that’s no problem! Just let us know.
- Oh, and we also do a little fundraising ourselves throughout the year, too! You can read more about this on our blog.
Where does my money go?
Your donation will go towards:
- Access to shelter and food
- Medical care when ill or injured
- The maintenance of the rescue post
Tell me more!
When our local Nepal guide Sandeep offered to contribute to our blog we jumped at the chance to learn more about his life and work in the mountains.
1 min readRead More - Meet our local partners | A friendly guide in Nepal