Kechara Soup Kitchen
Kechara Soup Kitchen is an organisation set up to support homeless and vulnerable people on the streets of Malaysia. Theydistributes, on average, 1800 packs of vegetarian food (to suit all religions) – from biscuits and water to fruits and hot food to the homeless each week.
They also provide hot meals on a daily basis from their permanent soup kitchen building, as well as offering laundry services. On top of this, they also offer basic on-street medical care, and provide referrals to accommodation and shelters.
How do I contribute?
- When filling in your online booking form, tick the option to contribute £5 to Kechara Soup Kitchen.
- 100% of your contribution will go directly to Kechara Soup Kitchen.
Where does my money go?
Your donation goes towards:
- Buying food & supplies for distribution to those on the streets.
- Buying food & supplies for distribution to families in need.
- Medical supplies.
Tell me more!
- You can read more about Kechara Soup Kitchen on their Facebook page or website.
- Keep up to date with our charities and responsible travel efforts on our blog.
- If you would like to find out additional ways to help or wish to volunteer your time whilst in Kuala Lumpur or Penang please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stopping over in Kuala Lumpur on your holidays? We've compiled our top 10 things to do, see, & eat in the Malaysian capital city.
3 min readRead More - 10 things to do in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia