We’re proud to support Lone Buffalo in Phonsovan, Laos. The foundation offers free tuition in English, football and creative skills for the towns’ young people. They create a unique environment in which boys and girls can study English, develop personal skills, build self-confidence and enjoy the sport together. Most of the students are from relatively poor backgrounds but through the foundation are given the same chance as other young people to develop English skills and benefit from the opportunities that will arise as Laos develops.
How do we support Lone Buffalo?
- We’re really passionate about giving something back to the destinations and communities that we work with. That’s why £5 of the value of every Laos booking will always be contributed to our local project; Lone Buffalo. Of course, if you’d like to donate more, that’s no problem! Just let us know.
- Oh, and we also do a little fundraising ourselves throughout the year, too! You can read more about this on our blog.
Where does my money go?
Your donation will go towards:
- Equipment needed for football coaching including kit
- Providing students with opportunities for careers in hospitality, tourism and teaching
- Running filmmaking projects and basic computer skills courses
- Covering costs for the school itself so that it can remain free for all students
Tell me more!
- You can read more about the Lone Buffalo on their Facebook Page.
- Keep up to date with our charities and responsible travel efforts on our blog.
- You can visit this charity project yourself during our Plain of Jars trip. You’ll even get a chance to tell the class a bit about yourself – it’s great practice for them to hear people speaking English with different accents and to learn more about life in the UK.
Luang Prabang topped the list of our traveller, Marie's best places in Laos. Read about her journey there & try not to drool over her beautiful snapshots!
12 min readRead More - Things to do in Luang Prabang | Marie's Laos trip