Tree of Life Wildlife Rescue Center
In each destination, we’ve chosen a local project to support through ad-hoc fundraising and giving you the opportunity to make a small donation when you book your trip with us.
In Costa Rica, we’re very proud to recommend the Tree of Life Wildlife Rescue Center, which provides a safe haven for animals in need of refuge. This might be due to loss of habitat, injury in the wild or by humans, such as victims of the pet trade or from hunting.
Many of the animals are nursed back to health and released into the wild again. Those that are permanent residents are provided with the most natural habitat possible.
- Opt to make a donation at the point of booking your Costa Rica travels
- 100% of your donation will go directly to Tree of Life Wildlife Rescue Center
- Visit the Tree of Life while in Costa Rica – the entrance fee is $15 and all proceeds go toward the maintenance of the centre, feeding and looking after the wildlife (the staff are all volunteers)
- Looking to volunteer? Tree of Life offer volunteer programs
How your donations help
Your donation will go towards:
- Building materials for enclosures and the entertainment of the animals
- Medical supplies
- Veterinary services
- Food for the animals
- Maintaining the park gardens & facilities
Tell me more
- You can read more about Tree of Life on their website and their Facebook page
- Keep up to date with our local projects on our blog
- You can visit Tree of Life when travelling to Puerto Viejo or Cahuita on our Reefs & Reggae of the Caribbean trip. Please talk to your Costa Rica travel specialist for more details.
You might be interested in...
Follow our Central America Specialist Fiona over volcanoes and through rainforests as she shares highlights from her recent holiday in Costa Rica and Panama.