Casa de Santa Ana Brazil
Casa de Santa Ana (Santa Ana’s House) is a centre for the elderly and for children in one of the poorest slums in Rio de Janeiro. By assisting the elderly they are able to stay in their own familiar family environment without having to wither away in the streets – as many do. This Brazilian charity project also strives to improve living standards for entire families in the community. Since most Brazil charity projects support orphanages, the elderly are often forgotten. That’s why we believe Santa Ana’s House is a very worthwhile cause.
How do we support Casa de Santa Ana Brazil?
- We’re really passionate about giving something back to the destinations and communities that we work with. That’s why £5 of the value of every Brazil booking will always be contributed to our local project; Casa de Santa Ana Brazil. Of course, if you’d like to donate more, that’s no problem! Just let us know.
- Oh, and we also do a little fundraising ourselves throughout the year, too! You can read more about this on our blog.
Where does my money go?
Your donation will go towards:
- Providing meals, physical therapy, social and medical assistance, nursing, psychological assistance and other support for families.
- Providing food packages for 33 families in the local area.
- Organising activities for approximately 50 children and young adults from disadvantaged backgrounds and bringing all generations together through dance and singing events.