Who hasn’t read an inspiring article or seen one of those breathtaking travel photographs and thought – I’d LOVE to go there. At Rickshaw we definitely do this… on a daily basis! We also love to share our passion for travel with others – this is why we are constantly organising different competitions that will give you a chance to experience firsthand what we do best. And talking about competitions, we’ve interviewed the lovely Milly who early on this year won a trip to Malaysia with us…
1. Yay! You won a holiday to Malaysia! Was it a good match for you?
It was INCREDIBLE. We particularly LOVED the Cameron Highlands and Penang. The Cameron Highlands for it’s natural beauty, comfort and colonial vibe and Penang for it’s energy, architecture, street art and buzz.
2. Was Malaysia how you imagined it would be?
I wasn’t prepared for how covered up everyone would be. That’s just a religious/cultural difference. I’m a very free and open soul so that I wasn’t prepared for. I loved how diverse the different locations were. Like many different countries all in one.
3. What did you like about travelling with Rickshaw?
You made everything a breeze! Remember when you holidayed as a child and everything was dealt with? You just followed your parents and got on with the fun without any of the stress? Well, you did that for us – stress free, action packed fun without having to think which is exactly what a holiday should be! Just Perfect! Thank You!
4. We’re all about having ‘Meaningful experiences’ when we travel. This could be anything from a train ride with local people through the countryside to an epic sunset on a secluded beach or learning to cook a tasty new dish. Which Meaningful moment sticks out from your travels and why?
Definitely the Mossy Forest walk in the Cameron Highlands. On the itinerary this was the part we were least excited about and it turned out to be our favourite part of the whole holiday. Francis was THE BEST guide EVER. He adapted the tour perfectly for the group and showed us so much hidden beauty. We literally felt like we were walking in a fairytale world!! The moss was as bouncy as a mattress and the trailing shades of green over head just made for a magical experience. We loved hearing about the pitcher plants and seeing how tea is made.
The other BIG ONE – the bike tour in Penang! It was SUCH a giggle – complete madness and excitement. Loud, proud and full of food!!!
5. If you could travel back to just one place on your trip, where would you go and why?
Different answers for both of us. I’d say The Cameron Highlands as I just loved the climate there and felt like I could walk and explore for days and Marcus would say Penang as he loved the food and energy.
6. What tips would you offer other travellers heading to Malaysia?
Simple – just GO and have fun!
7. If you could describe Malaysia in 3 words, what would they be?
Diverse, captivating and magical.
8. Share your favourite photo
9. Name two things you would never travel without?
Camera and sunglasses!!! If I don’t have a photo I feel I haven’t lived the moment. Memories are so precious. Sunglasses…..well, you need to be able to enjoy all the sights and in the bright sunshine you’re stuck without them!
10. Take a look at our website: Which Rickshaw destination would you travel to next and why?
Urrrm……ALL of them! You guys know what you’re doing – you pull out the best there is in each destination! If I had to choose – Sri Lanka… after all this is where my husband is from and it would be good to see where my beautiful husband has his roots!