The organiser and promoter
This competition is organised and promoted by Rickshaw Travel (‘The Promoter’). Rickshaw Travel’s address is Unit D-E Level 8 South, New England House, Brighton BN1 4GH, United Kingdom. If you have any questions about this competition please email us on email@example.com
- Rickshaw Travel’s ‘For the curious traveller’ competition starts on Saturday 15th September 2018, 09am (GMT) and closes on Friday 30th November 2018, 5.30pm (GMT). No entries received by the Promoter before or after these times will be accepted.
- Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry
- No purchase necessary
- One entry per person
- Entrants must be 18 years and over
- Entrants must have a valid passport and able to depart from the UK
- Competition open to UK residents only
- Employees of the promoter and all other prize partners (including Rickshaw Travel) its agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion, and their families, are excluded from entering this competition
- Competition entrants need to choose a destination of their choice and answer a question about that destination.
- The Promoter reserves the right (acting in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant who breaches these terms and conditions or the spirit of the prize draw. In all respects, the Promoter’s decision is final.
- Only one entry per person
Please note if you are entering the competition and signing up to Rickshaw Travel’s newsletter, you must confirm your email subscription for your entry to go through.
The prize draw
- The competition closes on Friday 30th November 2018, 5.30pm UK time.
- The Winner will be selected at random and contacted by The Organiser (Rickshaw Travel) by Friday 7th December 2018.
- Attempts will be made to notify the winner by the email provided at the time of entry
- If the promoter, having used reasonable efforts, is unable to contact the winner, then the prize is forfeited and further draw(s) will be conducted
- The Winner and their travelling party must have a valid UK passport with a minimum of 6 months validity, beyond their intended travel dates
- The Winner must provide a scanned copy of their passport(s) at the time of booking to verify their details
- The Winner may extend the duration of the prize, or add additional travellers to the booking, at their own expense. Any difference in land costs if the holiday is extended, must be covered by The Winner.
- The Winner will be required to take part in reasonable publicity as specified by Rickshaw Travel prior to departure, including social media updates and tagging, submission of photographs and videos from their trip, and content for website and blog purposes.
The Prize: What's included
- The prize must be booked between 2nd January 2019 – 31st March 2019
- Travel must be booked at least 3 months prior to departure.
- Competition entrants must choose a destination of their choice and answer a question about that destination for a chance to win on the following itineraries:
|Canada||Duration: 10 days / 9 nights (self-drive)
Itinerary: Vancouver – Victoria – Tofino – Quadra Island – Vancouver
Excursions: Stay in Vancouver, hire car, boat trip to spot whales, sail along the fjords in search of black bears with a guide, stay in a timber lodge.
Departure Time: Between 1st September 2019 – 14th October 2019 (Autumn) or between 1st May 2020-15th June 2020 (Spring)
What’s included: Standard accommodation – price based on 2 people sharing, airport transfer in Vancouver, car hire and insurance (driver must be 25 or over) and excursions as described above.
|Vietnam||Duration: 10 days / 9 nights
Itinerary: Hanoi – Hue – Hoi An – Ho Chi Minh City
Excursions: Street food safari in Hanoi with a local guide, local immersion in a farm in Hue, cooking class & craft workshops in Hoi An and Vespa street food tour in HCM
Departure Time: Between 1st Sep 2019 to 31st May 2020
What’s included: Standard accommodation – price based on 2 people sharing, breakfast, airport transfers in destination, transport with private car, overnight train and domestic flight plus excursions as described above.
|India||Duration: 12 days / 11 nights
Itinerary: Mysore – Wayanad – Tholpetty – Ooty – Coonoor – Cochin – Kerala Backwaters – Periyar National Park – Cochin
Excursions: Cycling, bamboo rafting and hiking through Wayanad, tea plantation visit, toy train ride, Kathakali dance class, overnight stay at a traditional Keralan house boat, walking safari through Periyar National Park and a spice plantation visit.
Departure Time: Between 1st May 2019 to 15th September 2019.
What’s included: Standard accommodation – price based on 2 people sharing, breakfast, airport transfers in destination, transport by private car and driver and toy train, plus excursions as described above.
|Costa Rica||Duration: 12 days / 11 nights
Itinerary: San Jose – Tortuguero – Sarapiqui – Bri Bri Village – Puerto Viejo – San Jose
Excursions: Stay in San Jose, Tortuguero National Park, Sarapiqui pineapple farm visit, BriBri tribe cultural immersion, Cahuita National park visit and Cahuita beach stay.
Departure Time: Between 1st Sep 2019 to 31st May 2020
What’s included: Standard accommodation – price based on 2 people sharing, breakfast, airport transfers in destination, transport by shuttle bus, boat, plus excursions as described above.
|Borneo||Duration: 9 days / 8 nights
Itinerary: Kuching – Kubah NP – Santubong – Semenggoh – Damai
Excursions: Cycling tour of Kuching, Sarawak river cruise, frog tour in Kubah National Park, Semenggoh Rehabilitation Centre tour, treehouse stay, wildlife cruise, kayaking with a guide and beach stay.
Departure Time: Between 1st May 2019 to 30th June 2019 (spring) and from 15th September 2019 to 15th October 2019 (autumn).
What’s included: Standard accommodation – price based on 2 people sharing, breakfast, airport transfers in destination, private transport, meals as described, permits, plus excursions as described above.
|Cuba||Duration: 11 days / 10 nights
Itinerary: Havana – Viñales – Las Terrazas – Santa Clara – Trinidad – Havana
Excursions: City tour of Havana by foot and classic car, horse-riding in Viñales, eco experience at Las Terrazas, Che Guevara’s mausoleum visit, Trinidad bici-taxi tour with a guide.
Departure Time: Between 1st April 2019 to 30th June and between 1st November 2019 – 30th November 2019.
What’s included: Standard accommodation (casas particulares) – price based on 2 people sharing, breakfast, Cuban visa (tourist card), airport transfers in destination, private transfer, plus excursions as described above.
Please note: Our accommodation varies throughout the holiday and will be confirmed three weeks before departure.
What’s NOT included
- International flights are not included
- If Canada is the chosen destination, breakfast is not included
- UK transfers to and from the airport are not included
- Additional costs and expenses incurred during the trip are not included
- Airport taxes, Visa fees, vaccination, tips, other meals and drinks, other transport and extra excursions are not included in the prize, unless stated.
- Ferries, other meals, excursions, entrance fees and other transport not specified
- Optional activities and travel insurance are not included in the prize.
- It is a requirement that you take out travel insurance for the relevant travel period, or when the holiday is booked.
- Rickshaw Travel nor any other person or party associated with this promotion shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss or damage) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this promotion or with any prizes offered.
- Rickshaw Travel shall be responsible for the administration of the competition and the fulfilment of the Prize.
- If the chosen winner has already booked a holiday to India, Cuba, Canada, Vietnam, Costa Rica or Borneo with Rickshaw Travel for departure between 1st September 2019 – 14th October 2019 (Autumn) and 15th April 2020-15th June 2020 (Spring) or is in the process of booking a Rickshaw Travel holiday (which includes the same itinerary or bite-sized trips) to any of those destinations while this competition is running, the prize will not be transferred to this booking.
- It is the Winner’s responsibility to redeem their prizes in accordance with any instructions given to them by the Promoter and partners
- No responsibility can be accepted by Rickshaw Travel for any incomplete or illegible entries or any entries not received or corrupted during transmission, for whatever reason.
- Rickshaw Travel shall have no liability for system failures on the Promoter’s website
- Rickshaw Travel shall have no liability to any persons in relation to this promotion including but not limited to the provision of any Prizes.
- Rickshaw Travel cannot be held liable for IT system failures or delays or loss of entries.
- Those entering after the competition close date (30th November 5.30pm GMT) will not be counted.
- Any personal data submitted by entrants as part of the prize draw shall be used by the Promoter, in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA), for the purposes of delivery of the prize draw, including selection of the Winner, handover of the Prize, delivery of the Prize and announcement of the outcome of the prize draw. Provision of the personal data shall be voluntary; however, the entrant’s failure to provide the same shall render impossible the entrant’s participation in the prize draw and handover of the Prizes.
- The data controller is Rickshaw Travel. All data is collected and processed by Rickshaw Travel.
- Entrants’ personal data will be processed by hand or by using electronic means that are such as to ensure, in relation to the purposes for which such data is communicated and collected, data security and confidentiality, as well as to prevent unauthorized access to such data, for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes of its collection.
- The winner may be required to take part in reasonable publicity as specified by the Promoter, such as social media updates, photographs from their trip and blog content
- The prize draw is governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
- Any entry that contains any content which is defamatory, obscene, illegal, vulgar, offensive, unsuitable or may reflect negatively upon the Promoter will not be considered a valid entry and shall not be entered into the draw or eligible to win a prize and the Promoter may remove any such content.
- In the event a Promoter is not able to contact the Winner and/or if the Winner has not acknowledged receipt of his/her Prizes within 5 days of being first being contacted by the Promoter, the Promoter shall have the right (but not the obligation) to hold a redraw for the Prizes and select another winning entry. In the event of a redraw, the original winner shall not be entitled to any prize or to any payment or compensation whatsoever in lieu of a prize. The Promoter and do not accept any responsibility if the Winner is not able to take up the Prizes for any reason.
- Rickshaw Travel’s decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the prize draw and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Rickshaw Travel reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this prize draw at any time without prior notice.